Friday, January 8, 2016

Vizcaya

This day we went to Vizcaya Museum and Gardenswhich was way way awesome.  I will give you, in Lindsay's words, a brief explanation:  So this guy in the early 1900s, during the American Renaissance, wanted to build an estate for his summer home (winter home? can't remember now) and it was the biggest one in all of Florida. It is right on the ocean and it was acres and acres and it was all gardens and this one incredible house. So, in following with the American Renaissance, he imported all this hugely expensive and old stuff from Europe. Mostly everything is imported and all of it is dated back to the 1700s or so and thats about as rough of an idea as I can give you.




It was quite a windy day, so in every picture my hair is doing crazy things man.  Oh, and update to explain my belly for anyone who doesn't already know--I am pregnant.  :)  (And I am much larger now than I was then.)




















Lindsay told me that these trees grow branches downward that go back into the ground.  That's crazy.









Lindsay, Ruthie, and Will posed so sweetly--Ethne, not so much.  :)





http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1DthinyxcSs/VJ8MFHx43AI/AAAAAAAAWVs/kj304RKoW-c/s1600/IMG_4078.JPG



This place was lovely, the light was gorgeous, and we all had a grand time dancing, jumping, and otherwise cavorting.


















http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0KQROMaLDu4/VJ8MRLNe5aI/AAAAAAAAWWA/AhlcwmVN5TQ/s1600/IMG_4071.JPG


Monster.















Good stuff.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails